Senior Customer Solutions Manager, FSI
- Zurich, Switzerland
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. The Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) role is obsessed with supporting and accelerating our customers' cloud journeys, to drive business value. You will work across AWS teams and apply your leadership and technical program management expertise to serve some of the largest and globally diverse enterprises in the world. You will play a key role in a global account team, partnering with AWS sales, professional services, and AWS service teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud solutions (spanning technology, people and process) with robust delivery plans, thereby accelerating the rate of adoption of AWS in the financial services vertical.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with customers, sales, solutions architecture and service teams to deliver technical solutions that solve some of the most complex and challenging technology problems of today. You will work with customer and internal stakeholders to scope work, set business goals, identify appropriate resources, track and report on progress and develop schedules. You will be a single point of contact to your customer and internal stakeholders on the progress of all the activities related to your customer. You will also need to assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-tasking to maximize business value. You will evangelise the value of AWS cloud and influence your customers to allocate the appropriate leadership and resources to achieve their goals.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, strong technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team's decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
• 7+ years demonstrable experience leading and project/programme managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/platform programmes
• Prior experience working with or managing large technical programs, particularly at Fortune 500 companies
• Previous experience in a customer facing role (either as a supplier, or delivering in a supplier-customer relationship within an enterprise organisation)
• Deep understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to production operations, including experience of Design approvals/governance and Transition to Support processes in a large Enterprise organisation
• Experience of training/skills enablement of teams to support them through a technology transformation change
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information and establish relationships at the C-suite/VP level
• Demonstrated leadership through influence
• Experience working with current web technologies (especially Cloud), and/or in technology platform services
• Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
• Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
• Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions Preferred qualifications
• Fluency in English and German
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths or equivalent experience
• Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
• Direct experience of working with or for within FSI
• Direct experience of Migrating applications/workloads from legacy platforms / data centres to Cloud or to new 'best of breed' platform services (containers platform, application platform service...)
• PMP/Prince 2/PgMP and/or Scrum/SAFe certification and practical experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top