Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying network, enterprise applications, media and digital transformations within the telecommunications industry? Have you built and led successful, global IT consulting practices covering telecommunications customers? Do you have broad technical skills and experience to deliver Amazon Web Services technologies and infrastructure solutions? Can you build and lead a global telecommunications technical specialty team to deliver new solutions and capabilities to our telecommunications customers?
The AWS Professional Services team is looking for Customer Practice Managers (CPM) who can lead and/or support our growing Telco cloud business during the solution and pursuit stages, develop a long-term Professional Services strategy and execute that strategy with those customers. The CPM is a trusted advisor for our customers and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in top telecommunications accounts.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
You will be able to:
• Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and platform adoption for telecommunications customers on the AWS platform in a geographic territory and/or for a named set of customers.
• Enable cloud transformation - develop long term Cloud Strategy with customers, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks associated with cloud-based IT using AWS in the telecommunications industry.
• Support the commercial relationship - plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
• Lead great people - attract top technical talent with telecommunications and media experience to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth.
• Be an advocate - work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Think big - ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services
• Telecommunications, and/or Media and Entertainment industry background
This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
• 15+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs.
• Highly strategic and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of relevant IT, digital services, telecommunications and media experience.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills.
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services.
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs.
• International consulting or professional services sales and delivery experience with global F500 enterprise customers and partners.
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.