Senior Customer Journey Insights Manager
- New York, NY
Want to join a truly global team, using customer insights to improve the customer experience of Amazon's digital businesses (Alexa, Amazon Video, Amazon Music, etc)? If so, Amazon is seeking a Senior Customer Journey Insights Manager, and this role could be for you.
We use customer research (both qualitative and quantitative) to understand how people use online services (e.g., shopping, digital video streaming, voice assistants etc.) and present business recommendations in order to improve Amazon's end-to-end customer experience, solve identified issues, and eventually to achieve our vision: Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
We act as trusted advisors to the business, owning and delivering multiple end-to-end research studies globally each year, across a variety of business and stakeholder groups. In addition, the person in this role will own and influence our service roadmap to support WW Digital business teams, and will continuously innovate and build new processes and research methodologies in an effort to better serve our customers.
The candidate must have excellent hands-on qualitative research experience in a number of research methodologies. Experience running surveys or managing research vendors to run quantitative research projects is also essential. Candidates must also possess customer obsession and a desire to affect change on behalf of the customer, experience managing and influencing senior stakeholders, strong project management and analytical skills, as well as a track record of delivering projects in complex and ambiguous environments.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Plan, scope and lead customer research studies, working backwards from customer needs to identify areas that can drive impactful customer experience enhancements, across Amazon Digital businesses (e.g. Alexa, Amazon Video, Amazon Music, Kindle, etc.)
• Build strong relationships with business partners to understand their challenges and priorities, define research roadmap, and drive actions through insight delivery
• Work cross-functionally with peers/colleagues, and other research teams in Amazon, to align on roadmaps, insights, and prioritize change needed to our customer experience.
• Manage preferred vendor relationships with research agencies.
• Note, there will be a requirement to travel to fieldwork locations as part of this role.
• Minimum 7+ years professional experience in areas such as internet, retail, consumer goods or research firms, with experience leading customer research projects.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with all aspects of qualitative research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting), using a range of techniques (e.g. depth interviews, focus groups, online communities, diary studies and usability research)
• A Graduate or equivalent degree, ideally in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, or related field.
• MS or Ph.D. in Human Factors, HCDE, Cognitive Psychology or similar.
• Self-starter who possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
• Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
• Quantitative research experience, particularly survey design.
• Fluency in other languages are an advantage.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top