Senior Customer Insights Manager, Private Brands
The Amazon Consumables Private Brands team is creating a global portfolio of packaged goods products and is looking for an analytical and consumer-focused market researcher to join our team.
This position will be responsible for developing and supporting best in class market research methodology and innovative techniques to meet defined business objectives. The Senior Consumer Insights Manager with conduct primary research and work with internal groups to analyze data, draw insights, author reports, make business recommendations, and follow recommendations into implementation.
This role requires an individual with a passion for consumer behavior, excellent analytical abilities, and strong business acumen. The role requires influencing internal and external stakeholders, using data, to make key strategic and tactical business decisions that impact the Amazon Consumables business. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, thrive in collaborative data sharing teams, and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Create and evolve a full program of customer primary and secondary insights needed to drive concept testing, product development and ongoing operations of multiple consumables categories and programs
- Initiate and scale innovative do-it-yourself research techniques, including use of multiple qualitative, quantitative and analytical research approaches, for attitude & usages studies, packaging, pricing, content creation, machine learning, and crowdsourcing
- Manage quantitative and qualitative research projects, for product development, and ongoing dashboards to provide actionable insights to inform marketing strategy and tactics
- Design questionnaires and discussion guides, interpret data, write reports, and communicate actionable recommendations across all levels of the organization
- Leads initiatives to drive adoption of self-service market research tools
- Drive programs and champion best practices across product management, sourcing, marketing, brand management, legal and finance
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics or related field
- 4+ years experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field
- 2+ years consumer goods (fast moving or durable) new product development experience
- 2+ years leading various marketing programs including customer segmentation, forecasting, product development, product performance assessment, messaging testing, and consumer trends analysis
- Master's in Marketing Research, Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology or related field
- Experience with consumer research in cleaning, personal care, beauty, baby, pet, and food categories
- Experience with do-it-yourself research tools such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or Question Pro
- Experience moderating focus groups and conducting one-on-one interviews
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and statistics skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top