Senior Customer Delivery Architect - Telco (5G or Radio Access Network (RAN))
- London, United Kingdom
Are you a hands-on technologist that has led and implemented large, complex telecom 5G network, Edge Cloud, or Radio Access Network (RAN) transformation programs? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the cloud? Are you able to engage in executive conversations on how telecom operators can achieve greater agility, efficiency, and sustained competitive advantage by migrating and modernizing to the cloud?
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) falls within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for collaborating with Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer's business challenges, to propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. The CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team, and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition for customers to deploy, migrate, and modernize to the cloud.
Collaborating across AWS and partner teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer's business outcomes.
Working with large scale networks, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects
An ideal candidate will be able to:
Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the "trusted advisor".
Lead and perform 5G Network, Edge, and RAN cloud transformation strategy and planning workshops.
Guide customers to select the architecture, migration and modernization approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others), and formulate an effective roadmap to deploying RAN Workloads on AWS.
Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large migration programs. Translate these into professional services proposals.
Work with telecom technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify cloud migrations.
Understand and mitigate migration risks faced by telecom technical, operational, and business stakeholders. This includes understanding how to minimize disruptions to marketing, sales, customer support, and operations.
Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight ,and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers.
Work in a complex global organizations spanning multiple business units
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
• 10 or more years working in the telecommunications industry
• 7 or more years implementing, 5G or 4G network, RAN solutions
• 3 or more years deploying and orchestrating applications or network functions on the cloud
• 5 or more years working in a professional services capacity across pre-sales, and delivery
• Hands-on technical experience in on-premises, or off-premises cloud platforms
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
• BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience
• Experience in application development
• Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, and horizontal & vertical scaling.
• Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or relevant fields of study.
• Enterprise IT experience
• Worked in a senior technical leadership role- CTO, CIO, VP, Distinguished Technologist or Engineer, Senior Director, or equivalent.
• AWS certifications.
• Agile certifications.
• Openness to international travel.
• Willingness to travel 50% annually
Back to top