Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the world's largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services in the Enterprise domain. As a trusted customer advocate, the CDA's straddle a line between pre-sales and project execution, bridging technology needs and solutions with business understanding and acumen. CDAs must have high level, architectural chops while also being able to speak to the business and present the value and importance of the solutions they put forth. They must be confident, but humble. Able to command respect without being perceived as judgmental.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Be great fun to work with.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun.
You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big and scaling impact.
Enjoy working with large Enterprise customers across EMEA.
You will have a passion for educating, training and designing cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers across EMEA.
Have a strong understanding of small and large-scale computing solutions that can delivered at scale.
You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to architectural direction and decisions.
You will regularly take part in deep-dive discussions with ProServe Customer Practice Managers/Enterprise Service Managers/Account teams to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
• Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• In partnership with the Account/ProServe team, formulate and execute upon agreed customer strategy
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Lead on providing standardise solutions/proposals/pricing for Enterprise customers in a timely and responsive manner from the EMEA ProServe Sales Deal Desk
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS ProServe CDA and technical community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between Customers, Account teams, ProServe and support
• +10 yrs design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• MS degree desired
• Experience working within the Enterprise sector
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS