Senior Customer Delivery Architect - Cloud Consulting
- Cupertino, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Customer Segment Professional Services group.
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with the Professional Services leadership to dive deep into enterprise customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDA's are members of the AWS customer segment team, and travel to customer locations is required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In partnership with the Professional Services customer practice manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
• Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases for the transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer's technical requirements deeply.
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
• 10+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years of architecture experience in infrastructure, databases, or application development
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• 7+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud and/or operating solutions built on AWS
• Expertise in DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, or Serverless Computing
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top