Senior Customer Advisor, Amazon Business Italy
- Prague, Czech Republic
With almost half of global revenues being generated outside of the US, the international organisation is paramount to the success of Amazon. Europe is often the testing ground for new international initiatives, and therefore sits at a fascinating and critical intersection within Amazon globally. It holds all nine business lines in multiple marketplaces encapsulating the spirit of innovation and energy that is core to Amazon.
Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customer and focused on building Amazon Business, the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting the best of the best to make this vision a reality across the globe. Italy is one of the fastest growing Amazon EU marketplaces, including our B2B business.
B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable business customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
As a key component of the Amazon Business team, Senior Customer Advisors are responsible for prospecting, closing, and growing mid-to-large Enterprise businesses (with annual revenues $250M and more) as customers of Amazon. The ideal candidate will have experience in digital sales and account management, developing relationships across multiple stakeholders and functional areas such as procurement, procure-to-pay, production, maintenance, supply chain and IT in large, complex businesses, and has proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals. If you want to roll up your sleeves and help shape the future of buying for business customers, this role could be the one for you!
This role will be based in Amazon's Italy HQ in Milan and will require fluency in Italian.
• Own and develop one or more industries, developing a strategy to grow them
• Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities
• Educate and network with key prospect and customer contacts
• Report on prospect onboarding pipeline and customer spend adoption
• Deliver to targets for customer account management
• Converse with senior customer stakeholders including CPOs, VPs, and more
• Contribute to contracting activities for large, complex deals
• Develop long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders in customer accounts
• Drive and accelerate spend adoption within assigned accounts
• Relay customer needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management and Category Management teams
• Drive periodic innovation aimed at improving customer satisfaction
• Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders
• Fluency in Italian and English
• BA/BS degree
• 8+ Years B2B large enterprise sales and/or account management experience
• Strong Ownership, Bias for Action, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Active listener and strong communicator - both oral and written
• Effective closer
• Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
• A passionate self-starter and customer obsessed, ready to take Amazon Business's customer experience to the next level
• Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-changing environment
• University degree, MBA preferred
• Digital sales experience
• Deep knowledge of specific industries
• Understanding of Procure-to-Pay (eProcurement), system integration and tender processes at large Enterprises
• Expert use of CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com), MS Office Suite, and other systems
Back to top