The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build the most loved and talked about premium entertainment video service. To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a Senior Cultural Intelligence Manager to help inject rich and actionable cultural and consumer insight into both our daily decision-making process, and longer-term future proofing decisions for everything we do at Prime Video and Amazon Studios (Brand, Service, and Content). By quantifying, predicting and understanding cultural interest and change we can ensure both the brand and the business stays ahead of important cultural trends that are driving the behaviors of our current and potential customers around the world.
This person will report into the Director of Global Audience Insights and Marketing Strategy, and will provide strategic insight and guidance to senior leadership for Brand, Creative, Media, Social, UX and Content related business decisions. You will be responsible for surfacing tangible, inspiring and nuanced cultural insights that guide the development of audience first marketing, product and content strategies. You will create and execute repeatable quantitative and qualitative methods that provide insight into cultural, content, viewing and behavioral trends that are changing the way various consumer groups choose and watch their favorite TV and movies. You will work cross functionally across US marketing, content and programming, and product teams sharing trends and insight to help socialize and accelerate learnings that can lead to larger business impact.
The ideal candidate is an influential change agent with a combination of strategic, intuitive and quantitative skills, and just like culture you are always-on. You are passionate about hearing and seeing the world through various different consumers eyes and experiences. You relish finding what's bubbling underneath the surface of culture, before others do, and then predicating its impact on society and entertainment. You are hungry to know why culture and consumers are changing, and what triggers and motivates this change. And you have a flair for exceptional storytelling, connecting cultural related insights to help solve large scale and challenging business problems.
• Help Prime Video move at the speed of culture by surfacing important cultural trends that are driving the behavior of our current and potential consumers.
• Create and manage a nimble "external radar" that ingests a robust pipeline of cultural data signals (from multiple sources) and allows the organization to see what is bubbling up in the cultural zeitgeist, and predict what could have meaningful impact both on society and entertainment consumption e.g
• Immerse the Prime Video organization in trends about entertainment culture, using a range of consumer insights methodologies; including machine learning, AI, data mining, semiotics, digital panels and advancing social listening, to inject cultural empathy and insight into multiple parts of our business and becoming a competitive advantage for Prime Video.
• Collaborate with creative marketing teams to execute creative programs that leverage cultural truths, and lead to breakthrough, buzzworthy and relevant messaging
• Team up with studios content, development and programming teams to use cultural insights and trends to explore new content or format need states, new genres, or spot new creators, artists and rising IP
• Design, coordinate and execute a variety of high profile ad hoc cultural insights projects using a range of various methodologies including to inform important strategic projects such as brand and title campaigns, and new content and feature development
• Identifying culturally relevant macro, micro and nano influencers and assess their appropriateness to deliver on business and brand goals
• 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience in distilling complex data and analyzing trends which unlock rich insights and enable meaningful engagement opportunities
• Experience in identifying and socializing cultural insights as they pertain to underrepresented customer groups e.g Black, Latinx and LGBTQ consumers
• Experience building successful relationships with cross-functional internal teams, external agency partners and third parties
• Experience conceiving, coordinating, analyzing and disseminating qualitative and quantitative research projects
• Deep experience in exploring culture, using anthropology and semiotics methodologies and applying those insights against brand and product strategies
• Experience using a myriad of third-party tools to help provide texture on culture, the category and consumer behavior; Large scale syndicated databases (e.g. comScore, MRI, Simmons, YouGov); Social behaviors or preferences (e.g Affinio, Helixa); Global demand (e.g Parrot Analytics or YouGov Signal); and Familiarity with Tableau or similar reporting tool
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of an organization, including peers and senior management
• Experience in managing and analyzing all pillars of insight and analytics: Brand Equity & Health, A&U studies, Consumer Engagement, Social Conversation, Product benefits importance, Innovation perception, and cultural trends
• Ability to synthesize complex research results into easy-to-understand, impactful recommendations.
• Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and business demands
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and gain trust at the highest levels of the organization; Ability to work collaboratively and in group situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.