Senior Corporate Counsel, Payments
- New York, NY
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving payments businesses. You will serve as the primary attorney responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters in the payments and financial services space. You will work directly with the business, providing commercial and regulatory counsel on key strategic initiatives, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring novel payments and financial services programs, interacting with financial regulators, supporting regulatory compliance functions in the US and internationally, and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas. A successful candidate will have a strong regulatory and transactional background and be hard-working, proactive, entrepreneurial and able to apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
• 10+ years of legal experience (with at least 3 year at a law firm)
• Experience with payments and financial services regulation and compliance
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines using pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Great judgment and a good sense of humor
• In-house experience is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top