Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a place where invention, thinking big, and redefining the definition of what is possible are woven into the company culture. We are proud to be the place where cloud computing first came to life, proud of being widely recognized as the industry leader, and excited about what's possible in the years to come. We're looking for people who share that same excitement. Come join us and become part of our diverse team of leaders who make cloud computing attainable for anyone, anywhere, be they hobbyists, startups, not-for-profits, or large multi-national organizations.
We are looking for individuals to join our team of Specialist Solutions Architects in our Container Services Go-To-Market team. You will provide technical expertise to help grow the adoption of a portfolio of services that includes: Amazon Elastic Container Service, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry, and AWS App Mesh. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the container industry. You will work directly with the most interesting and creative customers - leaders in their respective fields - Earning Trust to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will also demonstrate Customer Obsession, representing the voice of the customer as you work with product teams to evolve AWS products. You and your colleagues will be pattern-matchers, finding signals across the customer solutions that you help make possible, to inform our next generation of service offerings.
Candidates for this role will have a passion for solving business challenges through cloud technology. As a Principal Specialist Solutions Architect (SA) for Container Services, you will be one of the team of recognized experts in AWS Container technologies, responsible for influencing company strategy by working directly with customers. Your expertise in cloud-native applications will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the container orchestration services provided by AWS. You will partner with Go-To-Market leaders to understand customer and partner requirements. You will use your technical expertise to help develop sales programs, and identify new workloads, market segments, and opportunities that can be served by AWS Container Services. Thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed, are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as product/services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, in order to deliver results.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work enjoyable.
• You'll enjoy the camaraderie of teaming up with others to solve problems.
• You'll embrace creativity and view new challenges as learning opportunities.
• You will have a passion for helping customers and teammates.
• You'll bring with you a deep foundation of solutions innovation on behalf of customers through successful past experience.
• You'll have an awareness and understanding of emerging technology solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and account teams, ensure customers are successful in building and migrating applications, software and services using Container Services
• Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS Solutions Architect community, especially in regards to Container solutions and patterns.
• Exhibit thought leadership, and evangelize AWS Services and Container Service solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent. Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, product/service engineering teams and support
• Help build deep relationships with builders and decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "cloud advocates."
• 4+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of advanced Containerized solutions
• 4+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• 7+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Container architecture, design or development
• Deployment and operations of workloads on AWS using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Fargate, Kubernetes or others.
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies
• Strong exposure to and experience in operating container clusters with ECS, Kubernetes, Docker and others
• Strong understanding of the container ecosystem.
• Technical degree - Computer Science or Math background - is beneficial.
• Excellent verbal skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Strong written communication skills.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.