Senior Consultant, Operations Integration
- Puteaux, France
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use computing web services to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you have a background in enterprise IT operations, and a passion for driving innovation into existing IT organizations? Are you comfortable working on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high-impact projects blending the newest technology with existing operational methodologies and tooling?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical and experienced consultants specializing in Operational Integration to help our enterprise customers understand, plan and implement best practices around managing and operating their AWS environments. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, re-usable artifacts, reference architectures, and lead implementation projects to assist some of the world's leading enterprises in the integration of new, or their existing, operational toolsets with the AWS platform. Professional Services engagements will focus on key customer solutions in large enterprises, assisting in enabling their integration with existing enterprise operational systems and processes.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Working on the cutting edge of innovative AWS products and services
• Maintaining domain knowledge and expertise in mainstream enterprise operations management tooling
• Implementing and extending frameworks and methodologies commonly used by enterprises to achieve operational maturity
• Architecting large-scale solutions, which integrate smoothly in hybrid operating models for existing operational infrastructure functions
• Creating code assets, tools and connectors to accelerate customer projects
• Setting-up and configuring AWS services in-line with best practices
• Coaching customers and partner teams to be self-sufficient
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn how to leverage their existing investment in operational capability and tooling.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements, specifically focused on ITSM tooling and integration.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include integration and adaption of existing enterprise operations monitoring, and orchestration systems to extend an enterprises capabilities into AWS services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS services. Contribute to best practice in the form of whitepapers and playbooks.
• Partnering Work with new vendors to help them become MSPs and enable and upskill existing partners.
• BS level technical degree; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters degreed desired
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects within the Region
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation and operations experience
• Deep hands-on experience working on the design, development and deployment of enterprise supporting systems at scale
• 5+ years of experience building sophisticated and automated operational management platforms in a or On-Premises environment, particularly building service integration capabilities between multiple platforms
• Ideally qualified in ITIL, TOGAF or similar ITSM frameworks, particularly focused on Service Operations or Service Transition
• Integration of AWS management services (e.g. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM) with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, etc
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a and on-premises environment
• Building and maintaining run-book style automation or orchestration platforms in global, distributed Enterprise IT environments
• Deploying and managing operations and monitoring tools such as MS System Center, HP OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, Nagios, SiteScope, etc.
• Previous experience working with CMDB and change management solutions such as Remedy, Atrium, ServiceNow, CA etc
• Previous experience assessing, optimising, managing, automating enterprise IT service management processes
• Previous experience implementing and managing Enterprise SIEMs and/or Operational Data Warehouse systems where logs, alerts, event info etc are forwarded to, processed and stored
• Experience implementing and managing revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Team Foundation Server, Perforce etc.)
• Management of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) servers such as Jenkins, Atlassian Dev Tools and TeamCity
• Implementation of showback and chargeback systems in large enterprise IT environments, including on-going cost optimization corrective actions
• Integration and federation of identity and access management systems such as Active Directory, including management (IAM) and administration of role based, fine grained resource controls
Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Back to top