Senior Consultant - Federal
Are you interested in helping the Federal Government of the United States implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Federal Practice!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
- Experience working with the Federal Government, innovating to solve problems and enabling mission readiness and success
- A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
- Ability to be mobile and travel for projects.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Solid presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Possess a current secrity clearance
- Working knowledge of government contracting procedures, standards and specifications
- Practical Federal Government project delivery experience
- AWS certification within six months of hire
- Demonstrable experience in running complex projects
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top