The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC, servicing multiple teams or organizations. The Senior Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the full DevOps spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
• 2+ years of strong hands-on experience of programming in Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning IaC, IaaS, or SaaS.
• Hands-on experience envisioning and architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
• Experience with microservices and distributed application architecture.
• Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks.
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of cloud native security requirements.
• Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age