Senior Consultant - Automotive
- Detroit, MI
Do you have technology consulting skills? Do you have experience deploying technologies, platforms, or cloud solutions in the auto industry? Do you have a passion for the cutting-edge technologies that are shaping the future of autonomous vehicles, connected cars, and personal mobility? If so, we have an opening for you. At AWS, we are hiring Senior Automotive Consultants into our Professional Services team to help our customers and partners envision, develop, implement next generation cloud platforms and solutions.
This position requires a blend of both consulting skills and "hands on" implementation skills. In addition to facilitating and leading meetings, AWS Senior Consultants write code, configure cloud environments, and build new products. They work side-by-side with senior leaders and engineers to guide new products to production, deliver technology advisory, lead workstreams, manage stakeholders, assess enterprise cloud portfolios. They provide leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services.
With that in mind, AWS Senior Consultants must have strong written, verbal, and technical communications skills. AWS Senior Consultant have strong business experience and knowledge with the connected vehicle ecosystem, smart factories and Industry 4.0, and future automotive technology trends. AWS Senior Consultants frequently become trusted advisers to clients and are trusted to deliver results, and collaborate with internal and external engineering teams.
In order to work with clients from the largest automakers across the globe, all AWS Automotive Consultants must be able to travel both domestically and internationally. This requires strong people and schedule management skills and the ability to act independently. In addition to client deliver, AWS Automotive Consultants collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings.
• Delivery for Customers Hands-on building on the AWS platform to support use cases across the automotive industry.
• Customer Engagements - Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and internal engineering teams driving design and platform adoption for major Automotive and Manufacturing customers on the AWS platform.
• Deliver Value - Lead and manage delivery of a key Automotive ProServe technical engagements with customers and partners in the Smart Factory, manufacturing, and IT environments
• Industry Leadership - Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global customer requirements.
• Develop Partnerships - Develop Automotive industry solution roadmaps for customers, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large Automotive industry customers.
• Industry Expertise Transfer - Work with global AWS leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
• Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major Automotive customers and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
• Industry Shows and Organizations Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board's directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customer Requirements - Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work
• Customer Facing - Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems . Hands-on building.
• Automotive Partners - Work with relevant partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer's project requirements
• Technical, Architecture & Code Support - Contribute development artifacts to the internal AWS Automotive community as appropriate.
• 7-10 years of consulting, product management, or solutions development experience within the automotive related directly related to in vehicle connectivity or connected products
• 5 years' experience enabling the future the connected manufacturing environment, connected car, or enabling "Industry 4.0" solutions
• 5 years' experience delivering technology solutions to Automotive customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable technologies and cloud services
• 2-4 years of international sales and delivery experience with global industrial manufacturing, IoT providers, telecommunication providers, or partners
• Computer Science or equivalent Bachelors level degree or at least 10 years of relevant experience working technology in the manufacturing industry is required
• Hands on experience in developing for the Automotive industry within an AWS environment
• 3 years of demonstrated thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Automotive cloud-based enterprises related to Internet of Things (IoT) in a manufacturing environment
• Recent experience (within the last two years) using AWS services in distributed environments with key AWS Automotive customers
• 5 years of automotive industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
• Advanced degrees in engineering, math, business and/or computer science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top