Senior Communications Manager- Global Customer Fulfillment
- Washington, DC
Are you an Amazonian?
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier-whoever they may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Wherever you are in the business - whatever team, whatever level - we all work to one set of Leadership Principles that help us hire the right people and run our business in the best way. These principles are followed every single day. They are highlighted in the way we interact with each other and how we behave. They are: Customer Obsession; Ownership; Invent and Simplify; Are Right, A Lot; Learn and Be Curious; Hire and Develop the Best; Insist on the Highest Standards; Think Big; Bias for Action, Frugality; Earn Trust; Dive Deep; Have Backbone - Disagree and Commit; and Deliver Results. You can find out more about them here.
About Amazon Operations
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We deal with the 'everyday experience' of shopping on Amazon. This means everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment that item gets delivered - from desktop to doorstep. Across North America we have hundreds of Fulfillment Centers, delivery stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person in the right place at the right time. This is a unique opportunity to work across communications scenarios ranging from innovation to people stories to community impact to unforeseen issues in one of the most interesting businesses around.
The Amazon fulfillment center network continues to grow. As we continue to hire, make impact on communities and innovate in the way we deliver to customers, we know there are many stakeholders who would like to better understand the way Amazon works. This role is an important one on the North America Operations PR team, with the opportunity to be part of a field team focused on telling Amazon's story in the communities where we live and work. This role leads the development and implementation of a proactive storytelling strategy for Amazon customer fulfillment spanning the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. This includes topics like workplace health and safety, sustainability, real estate, Amazon in the community, innovation and tech, and people stories. It requires someone who wants to learn and who is curious, who can dive deep on the basics - fact finding, and working both inside-out and outside-in - to develop strong stories, external communications plans, and see around corners to inoculate against potential issues. Working across the North America field team to enable these plans will be one responsibility, alongside execution of a set of owned responsibilities to tell the Amazon fulfillment center story direct to key media and influencers.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record developing campaigns that span traditional and social media, digital content, influencers, speaking engagements, sponsorships and thought leadership. You will have experimented with many tactical communications levers, with a good sense for what drives impact among key audiences and how to measure results. You know how to earn trust with business stakeholders, you understand the influence of public policy and third party voice, you have been in the hot seat with executives, you'll have acute listening and impeccable writing skills, can quickly dive deep into the business to become a subject matter expert on industry trends, and can be calm under pressure, with bias for action. You will be able to demonstrate how you've navigated ambiguity, complexity, and influenced a matrix of stakeholders to drive a campaign strategy and successful tactical execution. You should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines, both yourself and by influencing others. A passion for storytelling and a desire to innovate in multi-channel communications tactics is a must.
Core job responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute the overall narrative and a dedicated external communication plan for Amazon NA customer fulfillment. Implement plan with key deliverables and develop playbook for regional execution.
• Provide communications counsel and execution support to the workplace health and safety team on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities as a primary topic within job remit.
• Lead profile building activities for key leaders in North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF), including top executives, ranging from speech writing to assessing reactive requests to building executive social platforms through speaking engagements, interviews, media training, etc.
• Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR campaigns
• Cultivate a set of top reporters and outlets and drive a storytelling agenda aligned with team editorial calendar
• Oversee engagement with internal and outside third party experts who participate with Amazon in joint initiatives, programs, etc including community leaders, academia, etc.
• Guide development of content related to Amazon's operations network with rest of central HUB team
• Manage external agency resources as appropriate
• Manage issues as appropriate with the operations issues management team
• Collaborate with a team of professionals across the communications team
This position can be located in Seattle, WA, Bellevue, WA, Washington DC/HQ2, Nashville, TN, or San Francisco, CA.
• 10+ years of communications experience, experience in an industrial environment a plus
• Proven track record of developing and pitching agenda-setting stories with top media
• Proven success at developing campaign playbooks that can be executed by others successfully
• Exceptional writing skills for multiple scenarios, experience and comfortable presenting in front of groups
• Experience speechwriting and overseeing delivery of top keynotes
• Strong bias for action - Equally comfortable building strategic communications plans and executing at a tactical level
• Experience working cross-functionally and leading through influence
• Experience working with public policy colleagues on a range of topics
• Experience managing complex and fast-moving issues including in public policy domain
• Track record building thought leadership campaigns across all channels, including social/digital
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related discipline
• Experience working with senior leaders
• Ability to act as a spokesperson
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top