Senior Commercial Sales Strategy and Operations Lead - WA & SA
- Perth, Australia
Would you like to make history in the world of cloud-based computing? Come and join the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement team.
AWS enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing rapidly with over one million active businesses across 190 countries globally. This growth is driving the need for an experienced strategy, sales and business operations lead in Perth to be a trusted adviser to the AWS Western Australian and South Australia (WASA) leadership team.
As the Senior Commercial Sales Strategy and Operations Lead you work closely in partnership with the Head of WASA and the WASA Leadership team to define strategy and business priorities, shape and manage key business initiatives, and run the day-to-day business and sales operations functions including forecasting, sales compensation, sales planning and pipeline management.
Reporting to the ANZ Head of Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement, the Senior Commercial Sales Strategy and Operations Lead collaborates on improvements to reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to their customers. You will also manage the administration and execution of the team's goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various sales processes involving alignment between multiple teams. Your focus is on providing operational insight to our WASA businesses, and our growth initiatives, supporting the Head of WASA in day to day operational activities, and providing additional analytical insight to the WASA leadership team as required based on strategic projects identified.
We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the AWS WASA Commercial Sales business and influence both strategic and tactical decision-making. Your insights will drive incubation and growth for some of the newest and most innovative offerings in the AWS portfolio and for our WASA customers.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS WASA leadership team, collaborating to develop the business's short and long term strategy and initiatives
• Understand cloud adoption patterns and the lifecycle of AWS WASA customers and work with cross functional teams (including Training & Certification, Professional Services, Marketing, Partners, Enterprise Support and Go-to-Market specialists) to guide the direction of the business
• Collaborate with the WASA leadership team to lead the annual goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes
• Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com (SFDC) and other internal Amazon systems to capture operational data and manage activities
• Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions for the WASA business
• Prepare and provide regular business reviews to the WASA leadership regarding strategic initiatives, segment performance, performance against goals, etc. highlighting successes, challenges, roadblocks and actions.
• Business and sales operations experience in the technology industry, preferably cloud
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-functionally across internal and external organisations
• Detail-oriented, analytical, with excellent problem-solving abilities
• Superb communication and customer-relationship skills, analytic insight, and a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the ANZ IT market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
• Demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Project Management skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally in a clear and easy to understand way
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top