Senior Cloud Infrastructure Migration & Modernization Consultant
- Berlin, Germany
Amazon Web Services () is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive and lead a portfolio of large scale development projects and . You will partner with customers, Sales, and several other teams to develop and execute highly scalable, flexible, and resilient solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of . As trusted customer advocates, the and Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced -based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the . You will help shape and execute a strategy to deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large customers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build our solutions and capabilities within the and Modernization Practice, as well as elevating the technical execution and delivery within the Americas. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal teams and external Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You'll need to make prioritization calls across the that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive processes and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. In the and Modernization Practice, we're hiring both highly technical computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale for customers rapidly moving large numbers of onto . The Lead will support the development and growth of the market, driving customer consulting delivery, and will be responsible for execution of the methodology by which we deliver and Development Projects for customers. This person will work across our Regional Teams, Partners and Americas Team to identify and leverage tools and technology that will be leveraged to build a blueprint of tools and processes that can then be used to plan and execute projects.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build ready , and extensive experience leading and controlling large scale IT projects across multiple stakeholders.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits, mapping customer business and technical requirements, and guiding the delivery of technical solutions, both and Partner led, designed to dig deep into the details of customer systems to be migrated to .
• Delivery - Driving high team utilization on customer engagements including working with customers and Partners to discover and map hardware and software solutions on customer's on-premise or alternate solutions in order to build plans to move customer workloads to .
• Feedback and Insights - Work with Americas, US Delivery team, engineering and service teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps and improving program success. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater success of .
• Cross Functional - working with peer leaders across Professional Services to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other's roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.
• Customer facing experience, including discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation;
• Experience track record of managing and delivering large-scale IT projects including definition and execution of successful project controls on a large scale;
• 7-10 years of implementation/consulting experience;
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.);
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus;
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries; and
• BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired.
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to IT ;
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions;
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services;
• Strong track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing environments;
• Developer Certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Back to top