Senior Cloud Infrastructure Migration & Modernization Consultant
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of the cloud.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, spanning diverse technologies across multiple industries. The and Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire organization to deliver the best solutions for customers, connect with product and service teams, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced -based solutions, and how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads in the . You will help shape, execute, and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large customers.
This is not a pure role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique modernization and native development expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
In this role as an experienced data center architect, you will work with our customers in reviewing their existing on-premises and develop a strategy to fully leverage the cloud benefits. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of development and technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal teams and external Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
Helping customers architect scalable, highly available solutions that leverage services;
Architecting and developing customer to be optimized;
Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and teams;
Deep understanding of ITSM, Security, procedures, policies, and Data Center management best practices.
Advising and implementing best practices;
Working as both an and development specialist;
Agile software development and ; and
Implementing practices such as as code, continuous and automated deployment.
This is a customer-facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
• Involved in 2+ large projects to the cloud. Experience migrating from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux)
• Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with business and technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices
• Deep hands-on experience leading the development and deployment of business software at current hands on technology , compute, storage, and virtualization experience on - architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability on AWS
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, , HP, etc.
• Experience with continuous tools (e.g. Jenkins)
7+ more years of data center and IT management experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations;
• Large experience Data Center to Data Center and/ Data Center
• Strong practical and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Virtualized environment.
• Experience with Scripting and/or coding skills are must (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.); Knowledge of the services (e.g. EC2, ELB, , Route53 & S3); through scripting (E.g. shell, Powershell); Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet; Experience with relational (SQL Server); Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform;
• Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business.
AWS is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and information, you authorize to transmit and store your information in the group of companies' world-wide recruitment , and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top