Are you a Senior Infrastructure Architect and a subject matter expert in AWS Edge Networks? Do you like to solve complex and large-scale compute challenges in the world today? We're looking for an experienced network leader in our Global Speciality Practice (GSP) who has the ability to be a change agent for our most strategic customers looking to move their sensitive work loads into the cloud. Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with edge network concepts including CDN's, DDoS, WAF, routing, peering, VPNs, DNS, and more. Experience working with customers across various levels, developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives is required and the ability to demonstrate and explain complex solutions. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the Edge Network expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation Edge Network architectures.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. ProServe engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. As a leader in the Global Speciality Practice, you will provide thought leadership and mentoring to the broader ProServe teams across APJC.
Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments (including experience with CDN's, DDoS Mitigation, WAF and DNS services)
• Experience in leading or supporting a migration from one Edge service provider to another
• Network knowledge and experience with IP networking and routing, data center networks and network topologies and security
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef and/or Puppet
• Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
• Experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
We are open to basing this role in any major city across the Asia Pacific Region.This is a customer facing role therefore you may be required to work remotely and also travel to client locations in Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China to deliver professional services where required.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!