AWS Professional Services is a unique organization. Our customers are most-advanced companies in the world. We build for them innovative, cloud-native IT solutions to solve real business problems and we help them get business outcomes with AWS Cloud. Our projects are often unique, one-of-a-kind endeavors that no one ever has done before.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Consultant in our Global Competency Center in Warsaw, you will design and build business-critical infrastructure of AWS customers. You will take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS platform. Your will build customer solutions with EC2, VPC, CloudFormation, ECS, EKS, CloudWatch, Service Catalog, Control Tower and other AWS services. You will work across a range of areas including web and mobile applications, enterprise applications, HPC, , Big Data and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and engage with technical, IT and leadership teams of our customers.
You will collaborate across the whole AWS organization, with other consultants, customer teams and partners on proof-of-concepts, workshops and complex implementation projects. You will innovate and experiment to help Customers achieve their business outcomes and deliver production-ready solutions at global scale. You will lead projects and also work as a member of a larger team. Your role will be key to earning customer trust.
As an Amazonian you will demonstrate Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• invent and build solutions that solve complex problems, scale globally, guarantee performance, and enable breakthrough innovations,
• migrate Data Centers and Applications from on-premise into the Cloud,
• work with customers and partners, guiding them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant AWS Sales and Service Teams,
• (Re)design solutions to use cloud native technologies and modern software development practices,
• help customers define their business outcomes and guide their technical architecture and investments,
• create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that will guide our Customers; publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms,
• coach and mentor fellow developers how to develop high-quality code, innovate using the latest cloud technologies, AWS services and development best practices,
• contribute to enhancing and improving AWS services.
• 5+ years hands on experience in IT implementation or leading IT Projects in Architecture, Software Engineering, or Development.
• Proficiency designing and building highly available, resilient, large-scale, distributed systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and automated disaster recovery.
• Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization, including design of cloud infrastructure (experience with AWS services like EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3 is a plus but not mandatory).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, up to 50%.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
• Experience in integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP, VMware etc. or migration Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• AWS Certification in Solutions Architecture, DevOps, SysOps or Specialty (Advanced Networking, Security).
• Good understanding of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release, and change management.
• Knowledge of / experience with: Infrastructure automation (CloudFormation or Terraform). - Containers (i.e. Docker, K8S, ECS, Fargate...) - Logging and monitoring infrastructure. - Linux and Windows-based systems administration in Cloud or Virtualized environment including scripting (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash...). - compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.
• Track record of presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons or blogging, writing technical articles or contributing to open source projects.
We invest heavily in our team by continuously offering learning opportunities, sharing knowledge internally across all technical teams in AWS, and working on (customer & internal) projects that will broaden and deepen your technical expertise and business acumen. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are eager to deliver results, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and a voracious learner, it is you, who we are looking for.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.