Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Arlington, VA
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Be great fun to work with at AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with Intelligence Community customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of Intelligence Community customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create truly innovative solutions built on AWS.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
For inquiries, please reach out to Chris Widmann at email@example.com.
• 7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications or equivalent education experience
• 3+ years of software development tools and methodologies
• Technical degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
• Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
• Understanding of Federal Government application, server, and network security requirements such as ICD 503, FISMA and FedRAMP.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top