Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of computing technologies?
At , we're hiring highly technical Cloud Transformation Consultants to help our partners and clients develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using services.
• Insights - Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10+ of IT implementation experience.
• Technology senior architect, who has solid delivery experience leading complex projects, and large teams.
• Act as customer trusted advisor, by being able to communicate with IT Directors, and Head of Technology.
• Infrastructure knowledge covering security, network, server, and storage is important
• Managed mass migrations (not necessarily in cloud) is important.
• Ability to work closely with customers to identify their pain points and articulate the right solutions and making the right architecture decisions.
• Able to lead partners effectively through project executions.
• Bring best practices in the to the design and implementation.
• Guides customers technical architecture and investments using Amazon roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
• Produce replicable solutions that can scale the go-to-market and accelerate delivery of projects.
• Work closely with account teams and pre-sales architects to build proper contracts, with right scope, solution, costs and delivery time frames, and is able to deliver those contracts effectively.
• Ability to coach and mentor technical teams within ProServe.
• AWS Knowledge is nice to have but not mandatory.
• AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
• Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated cloud infrastructure.
• Strong track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing environments; Integration of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
• Vertical industry experience (Healthcare, Education, Government) of contemporary services and solutions;
• High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.