Are you an experienced Oracle/SQLServer Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open source Database platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Casandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support projects in order to migrate Applications from Oracle/SQLServer databases to Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or other Open Source platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
• Work closely with Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
• Work directly with customers' technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
• Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQLServer, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services, as needed
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services () provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• Substantial experience in Oracle or SQLServer
• Experience in Open Source Database Technology Platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience in Platforms and Services
• Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
• Ability to lead client specific strategic engagements involving customer/partner teams
• Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another
• Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
• Relevant Application/Database replatforming experience (Commercial to Open Source Engines)
• Experience with Custom/COTS Applications and their /maintenance is highly desired
• Experience with TCP/IP Networking a plus
• Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, etc.) desired
• Experience in ETL/ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired
• Experience in writing complex PL/SQL or PL/PgSQL, stored procedures is highly desired
• Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired