Senior Cloud Architect -Infra
- Bengaluru, India
Are you an experienced cloud architect who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a Senior Cloud Architect in our Professional Services team, you will be an extended part of our customer's technical teams. As an expert, you'll help them make decisions on their cloud journey. This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
This role is open for Mumbai/Bangalore/Chennai/Hyderabad/Delhi/Pune
We are looking for hands-on architects who will:
• Collaborate with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Guide customers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
• Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation • Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges • Highly technical and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of IT implementation experience • Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Strong experience in Architecting, designing and migrating applications on the AWS platform
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Demonstrated success as a Cloud Infrastructure architect or consultant working with various platforms
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Cloud certifications
• Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, blogging, writing on technical forums, etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Back to top