Senior Cloud Architect
- Perth, Australia
Are you interested in helping implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Practice!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
• Experience working with cloud technologies, innovating to solve problems and enabling mission readiness and success
• A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
• B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Minimum 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Ability to communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Working knowledge of government contracting procedures, standards and specification
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Federal Government project delivery experience
• AWS certifications
• Demonstrable experience in running complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top