Are you interested in helping the Telecommunications Operators implement innovative AWS cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Have you led large, complex telecom Business Support System (BSS) or Operations Support System (OSS) transformation programs? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the cloud?
These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, networking , 5G, Telecom Operations Support Solutions and Business Support Solutions
We are looking for hands-on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Experience in the telecommunications industry or telecom aligned consulting or technology firms
• Cloud experience
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Certifications AWS Solution Architect Associate or AWS Developer Associate
• Hands on experience leading large-scale IT transformation projects/modernization in Telecom industry, including deep understanding of Domain Driven Design, TOGAF and other common IT frameworks
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas such as Cloud Native Design Patterns, Microservices, or API Strategy
• Experience architecting enterprise applications and databases that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, high availability, containers and serverless technologies
• Track record of designing and developing cloud native applications on AWS (EC2, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, Redis/Elasticache, Keyspaces/Cassandra, SNS, SQS, Kafka, Step Functions)
• Experience architecting and developing microservices in EKS or Kubernetes cluster
• Ability to translate architectural requirements
• Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.