Senior Cloud Application Architect - Global Telecommunications Practice
- New York, NY
Are you interested in helping the Telecommunications Operators implement innovative AWS cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Have you led large, complex telecom Business Support System (BSS) or Operations Support System (OSS) transformation programs? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the cloud?
These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, networking , 5G, Telecom Operations Support Solutions and Business Support Solutions
We are looking for hands-on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Experience in the telecommunications industry or telecom aligned consulting or technology firms
• Cloud experience
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Certifications AWS Solution Architect Associate or AWS Developer Associate
• Hands on experience leading large-scale IT transformation projects/modernization in Telecom industry, including deep understanding of Domain Driven Design, TOGAF and other common IT frameworks
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas such as Cloud Native Design Patterns, Microservices, or API Strategy
• Experience architecting enterprise applications and databases that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, high availability, containers and serverless technologies
• Track record of designing and developing cloud native applications on AWS (EC2, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, Redis/Elasticache, Keyspaces/Cassandra, SNS, SQS, Kafka, Step Functions)
• Experience architecting and developing microservices in EKS or Kubernetes cluster
• Ability to translate architectural requirements
• Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top