Senior Category Merchant Manager - Swedish Marketplace
The Swedish Marketplace team at Amazon is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Senior Category Merchant Manager to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace. The role offers the unique opportunity to drive large scale, high visibility projects across different Amazon teams.
As Senior Category Merchant Manager, you will be in charge of projects that contribute to long-term success, improving customer experience, supporting growth. Responsibilities include expanding our product selection, improving product availability, building strong relationships with key partners (both internally and externally) and driving improvements to the Amazon Sweden store. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to influence across a broad range of projects across the business.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The role will require close coordination with the Swedish Selling Partner recruitment teams in Stockholm and the wider 3P teams across EU. The Senior Category Merchant Manager will have several key responsibilities, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and revenues growth through timely analysis and action.
• Business Development: You will work closely with Selling Partner recruiting teams to help identify strategic sellers and add selection for the category
• Project management: Automate and scale the category level growth via new selection, product listing quality and instock opportunities via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Partner with technology teams to drive automation and scalability across the worldwide organization.
• Customer Experience: Work within the category to identify customer pain points and create new or improved experiences for the customer.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Act as the 'business owner' for the third party marketplace, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting on the category's core input metrics, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives).
• Develop a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability target
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and at least one other European language (preferably Swedish or any other Nordic Language).
• A strong background in product management is required, or related experience that demonstrates strong analytics and project leadership skills.
• Highly organized and results oriented.
• Strong analytical skills (including advanced excel and database analysis).
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• A great deal of personal initiative and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
• Proven project management skills, customer focused, extremely detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
• Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate
• Knowledge of SQL
• Experience in consulting and/or retail/consumer products industries
• MBA from top tier institute is highly preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.