Come build the future with us!
Join a company that reinvents itself every day, where you can realize your own ideas. Working for Amazon is exciting every day!
We are looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Category Manager for our office in Munich to join one of our Retail categories.
Help us build an exceptional shopping experience for our customers, drive vendor relationships to the next level and make sure that our top brands are well presented for our customers. While you fully own your local category, you will be also part of the EU team to leverage growth potentials and drive EU projects. As a Senior Category Manager, you will work together with all key stakeholders like B2B, Supply Chain Management, Advertising etc., in order to optimize your category's performance/financials.
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
• As Senior Category Manager you are a general manager for your product category. You will manage key vendors and drive the next phase of growth in your product line, owning all aspects of the business.
• You will create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
• You will analyze data to identify the business relationship, initiate and grow long term relationships with brands' senior management, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, lead negotiations on Amazon's behalf and manage the respective category.
• You will be managing projects to improve the customer shopping experience through better service, wider selection and faster availability.
• The performance of your category determines your success. You will analyze relevant KPIs and reports and derive measures to optimize your category. As such, you possess strong analytical acumen and are comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing extensive amounts of data.
• As an effective leader and communicator, you will represent Amazon at all executive levels. At the same time, you will work closely with Amazon internal groups such as supply chain management, marketing, finance and operations with a European scope.
For this position, we expect:
• University degree in a business relevant field
• Multiple years of relevant senior level experience in retail, e-commerce, business management, key account management and/or consulting
• Strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills
• Excellent English and German written and verbal communication skills
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• MBA from a leading business school
• Experience in leading complex projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
• Proficient in Excel and experience with SQL
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.