Senior Carrier Manager, Global Mile West Coast Ops
- Bellevue, WA
Global Mile Imports optimizes speed and cost, we execute the timely movement of freight from global manufacturing hubs cross-border into Amazon's international marketplaces for Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) sellers and retail direct import vendors. Leveraging the capabilities of world-class logistics providers and internal Amazon supply chain solutions, Global Mile increases selection and lowers cost for our customers.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Program Manager in our Seattle office that can manage the origin service of Amazon's import networks. As an Senior Carrier Manager, you will be responsible for the operational setup and execution of the origin service of the Amazon import supply chain that meets our customers' needs while satisfying performance and budget goals.
• The Senior Carrier Manager drives overall origin service strategy for Global Mile.
• You will be responsible for delivering the KPIs defined for origin service, including root cause analysis, solution design and implementation
• You will be responsible for meeting both fixed and variable cost goals through procurement and network design/execution
• You will be responsible for Logistics Service Provider Management and will ensure our partners are efficient, effective, and compliant to our operational standards.
• You will manage internal support teams and build processes and tools to enable scalable and flexible operations.
• You will develop risk management strategies of origin service to ensure the network can operate smoothly during peak periods. Identifying at-risk operations and proactively developing/executing contingency protocols to avoid service failures will be expected.
• You will communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve the consistency and precision of Global Mile services.
• You will retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or other data management systems.
• Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of experience in managing and implementing high complexity projects
• 7+ years of supply chain management (a combination of ocean and air would be highly desirable)
• Experience managing, negotiating, and communicating with internal/external business partners to meet organizational capacity needs
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel and Tableau
• Proficiency using SQL or other data analysis tools/languages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
• Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural and matrix environment. Work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
• Master's degree/MBA in business, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field
• Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma Mfg. methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top