Senior Business Operations Manager
- London, United Kingdom
At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on global enterprise customer engagements while helping our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Business Operations (BizOps) Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the operations of a business. Helping ensure that the business can optimize its impact on behalf of customers because it is so operationally sound.
Position will be located in London. Up to 20% travel expected.
• Opportunity pipeline management; work with sales and Professional Services teams involved in proposing, selling and forecasting new business. Coordinate monthly pipeline reviews to ensure efficient execution across the team to sell new projects.
• Resource management; help us maximize our available capacity to staff customer engagements. Work closely with practice managers, helping them assess staffing needs across all engagements, based on each project's requirements. Maintain consultant skills matrix and related reporting.
• Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up in project accounting system consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of billable time and expenses across the team.
• Billing/Invoicing/Collections; Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data feeds to track revenue and collections.
• Monthly metrics reporting; collaborate with practice managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh all management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
• Establish baseline metrics/reports to support the development of new practices.
• Business planning; annual and multi-year set up meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for AWS Professional Services. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans.
• New hire on-boarding/training; track all new hires and ensure they have a great on-boarding experience. Maintain on-boarding documents and training plans to help all new hires become productive on customer assignments as soon as they've completed their on-boarding.
Required qualifications include the following:
• 3+ year experience working in Professional Services Operations or Sales Operations.
• Experience with SFDC or other CRM inputting, extracting and analyzing data.
• Demonstrated ability to develop business reports that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.)
• Experience working in a horizontal or matrixed business.
• Experience in local regulation, tax, and legal.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in tracking and working with end customers on accounts receivable issues
• Demonstrated experience proactively recognizing a challenge or problem and working with a variety of teams and data sources to diagnose the problem and recommend solutions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Back to top