Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box-with-the-smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? Wondered how Amazon designs its transportation network to scale and reliably deliver hundreds of millions of package to customer's doorsteps? If so, Amazon's Trans Systems Analytics (TSA) team is for you. We use mathematical models, business analytics, algorithm design and statistics to improve decision-making capabilities across Operations and Amazon Logistics. Our objective is to create a reference for what the ideal transportation network looks like and build scalable audit mechanisms to assess and reduce the gap to the current network. We do so by treating system defects as gifts and solve anomalies in systems and their behavior to achieve business goals.
We are based out of the EU headquarters in Luxembourg and looking for a talented and motivated Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to innovate and enhance our outbound network optimization and management products. You will use data and critical thinking to drive alignment across senior leaders across organizations on your product vision and drive product roadmaps based on entitlement and automation benefits. This role is high visibility and cuts across all business functions.
This role might be for you if:
• You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
• You understand technical software development life cycle and have experience to drive research teams towards business solutions
• You drive strategic product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions
• You have experience to develop scalable business intelligence solutions
In this job, you will:
• Work with Senior Engineers and Research Scientists across multiple teams and business stakeholders to design and build highly available and scalable systems for developing and managing Amazon's network
• Drive strategic upward product communications (e.g., decision narratives, investment proposals) internally or externally in multiple organizations
• Identify business opportunities to expand, automate, or optimize Amazon's Supply Chain
• Evaluate stakeholders expectations and contribute to the strategy, prioritize technical and operational initiatives
• Bachelor degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields.
• 7+ years of professional experience in analytics or engineering or product management
• Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple senior leadership teams in a large organization
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders
• Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to run and synthesize data in order to make on-point business decisions.
• Proficiency in SQL
• Master's Degree Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields
• Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
• Experience in data visualization platforms e.g., Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense and PowerBI
• Programming Languages: Python; Java and development and implementation of ETL tools and experience with frameworks (eg. Apache Hadoop, Spark etc.) is desired