Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, NA Retail Finance
The North America Consumer Finance team is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Senior Business Intelligence Engineer. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world's largest data environment excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? If so, this is a unique opportunity to influence senior leaders and change the way our business makes decisions by providing "information" instead of "data."
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the North America Consumer business. This role will influence a wide range of decisions from merchandising to product development and everything in between. They will create visibility through building and maintaining insightful reporting and will participate in special projects aimed at disrupting the industry. The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on retrieving and analyzing data but is a person who wants to be an active participant with a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end, proactively dive into issues as they arise, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers. Moreover, a successful candidate will possess superb business judgment, is highly detail oriented, and is comfortable dealing with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
- Produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective retail strategies.
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders.
- Improve back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Support business with time-critical tactical data analyses.
- Understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required
- 5+ years professional experience in web analytics, business analysis, or comparable analytics position
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems by managing or guiding technical teams
- Experience and expertise with MS Excel, Access and SQL/SAS
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, Linux, Oracle and OLAP and data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Extensive experience working on complex, cross-functional initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Experience presenting to all levels within the enterprise
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top