Locations considered London, Luxembourg, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Madrid for Mid-level and Senior candidates
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online across the globe, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic and motivated Sr Business Intelligence Engineer to join the 3P Selection team. The ideal candidate thrives in working with large and complex data warehouse environments and has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is motivated by developing innovative and simplified solutions to solve complex analytical problems using very large data sets and is passionate about working with large data sets and bringing data together to answer business questions and drive change. These analyses and solutions will be fundamental to finding opportunities and creating new programs aimed at further growing Selection from third party (3P) sellers on Amazon.
In this role you will:
• Identify drivers of business problems and trends at their root, while also stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Create reports and provide insights that will help the team identify Selection growth opportunities in Europe
• Develop metrics to assess performance, and own the weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring and reporting of Selection performance in Europe.
• Partner with Tech, Marketing, Ops, and Sales teams across Europe, China and the US to drive new customer and selection insights.
• Build out, maintain, optimize and support our Redshift-based data mart
• Support and troubleshooting of SQL and data warehouse ETL jobs
• Mentor and coach Business Analysts and other stakeholders on basic SQL
The position is based in Amazon EU Headquarters in the city of Luxembourg.
• 5+ years of hands-on industry experience in in business intelligence, data mining, predictive analytics and statistical analyses.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
• Proficiency in data processing on relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, etc.)
• Experience in working ETL and DW processes (working with large datasets in particular)
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Advanced SQL, database, and business intelligence experience
• Highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical writing
• Fluency in English is required
• Strong team player and the ability to work in a diverse environment with people in various locations
• Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and database development
• Advanced Degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related quantitative field or MBA with a concentration in Quantitative Analysis.
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
• Candidates with experience in Amazon Redshift will be favored
• Able to work in a diverse team Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.