Senior Business Intelligence Engineer - Grocery Supply Chain
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited about reinventing the way people think about long-held assumptions? Our team is responsible for transforming the online grocery delivery and pickup experience for Amazon. Our vision is to make Amazon the primary destination to fulfill customer's food shopping needs.
We're growing in scale and volume, by orders of magnitude. We are a team of passionate tech builders who work endlessly to make life better for our customers through amazing, thoughtful, and creative new grocery shopping experiences. To succeed, we need senior technical leaders to forge a path into the future by building innovative, maintainable, and scalable systems. If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation and scaling.
As a Senior BIE, you must possess the ability to dive deep into large amounts of data, have a great business sense, curiosity and a proven ability to deal with ambiguity, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-driven analysis and insights. Working within the business teams and collaborating with key stakeholders across the company, you will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of your customers.
As a Sr. BIE on our team you will focus on exciting and challenging problems, including:
• Working on new and ambiguous business problems which have not yet been solved before and which offer the chance to innovate and apply novel approaches to tackle these problems at their root while stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Identifying, developing, managing, and executing analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will shape the future of online grocery shopping.
• Reporting key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines that impact the business.
• Learning and understanding a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
• Building automated data solutions and dashboards to enable your team to self-service 80% of data needs, allowing you to focus on answering hard and ambiguous problems.
• Scoping, building and owning technical data warehouse processes to help the business scale.
• Collaborating with software engineering, product management, marketing and UX as a leader of quantitative analysis and where you develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or a related discipline.
• 7+ years of years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or related field.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Data Science or a related discipline.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
• Proven track record of crystalizing out impactful and actionable insight from big data.
• Demonstrated success in leading cross organizational projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Highly proficient using ETL manager to write and optimize SQL queries in an ambiguous business environment.
• Highly proficient in processing large, multi-dimensional datasets from multiple sources.
• Knowledge of data mining and working knowledge of at least one Statistical Software (SAS, R, Python, etc.)
• Highly proficient using at least one data visualization product (Tableau, Looker, Amazon QuickSight, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to senior executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top