We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to be a part of our PXT Finance team. For this role, we are looking for someone that can think beyond reporting and help drive insights. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, and deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions. The successful candidate has a strong passion for data and analytics, is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, and has ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Interface/interact with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Interface with our PXT Finance Technology team to extract and transform data from a wide variety of data sources
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in quantitative disciplines area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years professional experience in business intelligence or business analytics
- Experience writing advanced SQL, data modeling, data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehousing) and using databases in a business environment with complex datasets
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quick Sight or similar tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate your vision with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems into tactical work outputs
- Ability to implement process and mechanisms to stay focused on long-term objectives while allowing for short-term priority shifts
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and collaborate across functional teams
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science
- Experience with AWS technology including Redshift and S3
- Experience with Big data, statistical modeling, data mining and machine learning (R, Python, SAS, etc.).