Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Logistics is looking for a smart and ambitious individual to develop and support Amazon Logistics business intelligence and operations reporting and management systems. Amazon Logistics is a large, rapidly growing package delivery operation, that handles packages for Amazon and our customers with worldwide operations.
The potential candidate will support analysis, improvement and creation of metrics and dashboards on Amazon Logistics and Transportation by Amazon. In addition, she / he will work with internal customers at all levels of the organization Operations, Customer service, HR, Technology, Operational Research, Health & Safety, Loss & Prevention. The potential candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and a very international environment. You need to be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, invest time in understand the business and be able to lead a project from start to finish with minimal direction. This is a high visibility position.
As an Amazon Business Intelligence Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
Above all you should be passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
• Min 5 years of relevant experience in business intelligence or business analyst role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
• Masters Graduate with a Degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Computer Science or other quantitative area.
• Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and different levels of management.
• Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools (Excel, Databases, SQL). SQL is key in this role!
• Demonstrated ability to drive a project end to end.
• Positive thinking, creativity, fun on the job.
• You are fluent in English
• Graduate with a Degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Computer Science or other quantitative area.
• Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Back to top