Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
At Amazon, we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable.
We are inventors that are working to build the best solutions to unique problems through breakthrough technology - for example, Kindle has revolutionized the way customers consume digital content. Working on the Amazon EU Books team will be unlike any job you have had.
The EU Books Store team is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer based in London.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
In this role, you will design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support and publish in-depth data interpretation to support the implementation plan of the business strategies. Additionally you will lead data analysis projects with the goal to establish one single source of truth tools for our stakeholder.
You will contribute to solve complex and broad business problems with a logical approach. You will improve your data interpretation process with each iteration to provide automated solutions that scale and perform as well as offering insight into the EU Books business.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We offer a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount and pension scheme.
We are committed to keeping compensation fair and equitable.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Business
• Relevant experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or another related occupation
• Proficient programmer, with expert querying skills (SQL)
• Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new data tables
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Experience in building automation for reporting, dashboard and reports
• Any additional technical skills such as coding / statistics (python, R, Django, Spark etc.), data visualization.
• Experience with developing Tableau Dashboards is a plus
• Experience in data extraction, transformation, statistical analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and VBA
• Understanding of our technology environment, and the performance and scalability issue associated with certain applications.
• Advanced understanding of best practice analysis, programming and visualization techniques.
• Superb attention to details and organizational skills
• Excellent judgment and instincts: Is right a lot
Back to top