Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want to be part of the next big thing when it is still Day 0?
Our team aims to help achieve Amazon's mission: to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company! We relentlessly focus on the customer experience and drive change across all of Amazon including Video, Alexa, Seller, and Retail.
As part of this mission, we are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to be part of building and scaling a new global service focused on marketing insights. You will dive deep into ambiguous and complex issues, starting with social media and how to better understand and grow customer engagement. You will deliver results based on analyzing, evaluating and surfacing opportunities with your cross-disciplined team to senior leadership globally.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of different business and the underlying analytics, and the ability to translate business requirements into analysis, collect and analyse data, and make recommendations back to the business. BIEs also continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to help design new studies and build new tools that help our team automate, and accelerate analytics.
Are you up for the challenge? #Letsdothis
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
• 5+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
• Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
• Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
• Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
• Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
• Fluency with statistical analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
• 7+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
• Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, Hadoop, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
• Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in a remote setting
Back to top