Senior Business Intelligence Engineer- Amazon Business International
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To expand that mission, we're now helping businesses and other institutional buyers purchase the products they need at Amazon, through a fast growing initiative known as Amazon Business. After a successful US launch in 2015 and reaching a $10 billion annualized run rate in 2018, we are expanding Amazon Business in other geographies around the world. In this role you will help define the future of how we do business and improve our effectiveness as a player in global B2B e-procurement.
Amazon has a long record of growth and success in non-US geographies. Since launching its first European websites in 1998, Amazon has grown into a global leader in e-commerce, with customer-facing websites selling physical goods in six European countries, plus Japan, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia. After initially focusing on the needs of consumers, Amazon is now solving problems of institutional buyers businesses, government institutions, educational institutions, and non-profits. Our aim is to be the world's best procurement provider for institutions of any size in any area we serve.
The Amazon Business International team is looking for a Sr Business Intelligence Engineer to help support our B2B business in Canada.
The role will focus on providing insights to allow our Amazon Business Canada team make fast, accurate, and impactful decisions. The role will focus on reporting, analysis, and facilitating business reviews across our business teams. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology who is eager to have a broad impact across one of the fastest growing e-commerce businesses in the world.
The successful candidate will have strong technical acumen and experience in developing reporting infrastructures and flexible front-end tools. You will conduct deep dive analyses of business growth opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
You will be working with dedicated team across our US and international Amazon Business teams, developing exciting products for B2B customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Often times, the ideal set of data will not be available and you'll have to think creatively about what is available in order to drive results. You will also be responsible for producing written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective strategies to better meet our customers' needs.
• Own generating actionable insights through the development of metrics and dashboards.
• Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
• Provide insights to our Canada business and Product Management teams as new initiatives are being identified, prioritized, implemented and deployed.
• Develop clear communications for recommended actions.
• Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives.
• Work to accelerate Amazon Business machine learning efforts to scale globally.
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field
• Professional experience with SQL and Microsoft Excel, and other business intelligence tools
• 7+ years of relevant experience as a business intelligence engineer/analyst, creating reports, using metrics and data to backup business cases, planning, and decisions
• 7+ years of hands on experience in data extraction, transformation, and data mining
• 7+ years of experience in projects involving cross-functional teams
• Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, QuickSight)
• International experience
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights
• Experience in environment with large-scale data sets
• Excellent written and verbal communication involving multiple levels of leadership on the business and technology side
Back to top