Do you enjoy creating software that solves whitespace problems? We are building a new team for an exciting problem space in Alexa. You get to be a founding member of our start up, figure out what and how to build, and expand your influence and impact across Amazon. You will work with a team of entrepreneurial engineers passionate about voice commerce, and lead them to create systems that solve complex problems all the way from understanding customers to fulfilling their in the moment buying needs. You'll be working in an emerging space, gain expertise in a wide range of technologies and be a needle mover. You will be changing the experience of millions of Alexa users worldwide and in your home!
We are looking for a self-starter and leader who will help us drive the business through data. As the Business Intelligence Engineer for the Alexa Shopping Experience, you will improve the customer experience by building robust technical and analytical solutions to help us better understand their needs. To be successful, you will need to enjoy working with ambiguity, be creative and have a passion for customer experience. This role requires you to be able to influence senior leaders of all levels in tech and non-tech.
You will empower data driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modelling and analytical skills to define and measure metrics for evaluating health of the business. You will be able to extract, integrate and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports and dashboards to communicate your findings and leverage self-service tools to internal stakeholders.
In addition to leading analytical tools and reporting, you will provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. You should have excellent business and communication skills to collaborate with business owners to draw insights from data to answer questions to key business questions.
• Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs.
• Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc ,recurring , troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, Quicksight, and Tableau skillsets
• Improve existing data processes and pipelines by implementing automation, data tuning and performance concepts creatively
• Use data mining , data modelling ,data warehousing and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business
• Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field
• Relevant experience in business intelligence or business analyst role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
• Experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports
• Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
• Have basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby , Java
• Master's degree in Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
• Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, Glue, etc
• Practice software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data mining
• 5+ years experience as a business intelligence leader
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.