As the Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE), you will work within the AWS Marketing organization on a business operations team that supports marketers across AWS Worldwide Public Sector, Regulated Industries, Global Strategic Accounts, and Executive Marketing. We are seeking a highly curious, passionate, and data-driven individual who can build and expand the underlying architecture for a portfolio of reporting solutions that provide bar-raising experiences that improve marketing performance. This role demands a motivated self-starter who's able and wants to operate in a lean, fast-paced organization that scales quickly. The ideal candidate possesses an in-depth analytics background and possesses experience with marketing datasets in order to help unlock insights around performance and impact across marketing programs, strategies, and datasets.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer will work closely with teams across marketing, data science and engineering, BI/analytics, and finance. The right candidate will drive scalable reporting solutions that help marketers unlock insights, manage a portfolio of innovative reporting enhancements and projects, and possess the proven ability to work effectively and earn trust in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
This position can be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: New York, NY, Arlington, VA, Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX and Dallas, TX. Amazon will provide relocation assistance from within the US only to these locations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience in analytics, data engineering, market research or related field
• 3+ years in SQL working with large-scale, complex datasets from multiple sources
• 3+ years of relevant experience developing advanced production dashboards in Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, or other data visualization tools and advanced skills in Excel
• Experience using ETL, data modeling and big data tools
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
• Experience supporting marketing analytics in an enterprise-level technology company
• Experience in BI design and development, UI/UX best practices
• 2+ years of project management experience
• Aptitude for refining informal business analytical requirements to help move beyond the simple ask and surface the underlying "why"
• Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift and S3
• Experience synthesizing data from reporting into actionable insights and presenting results to management teams
• Excellent analytical strategy skills; for this role creating analysis ideas is just as important as the ability to do the analysis
• Creating and refining models and metrics that support forecasting, seasonality, and targets/goals.
• Building reporting solutions using marketing datasets/systems such as leads, opportunities, accounts, sales activity from Salesforce, email activity from Marketo, and web activity from Adobe.
• Documented history of thinking outside the box to improve business results
• Experience with attribution models
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us