*This Role can be based in the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Germany, Ireland and France.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
In a fast-paced, high-growth environment, making data driven decisions is critical.
The EMEA AWS Solutions Architecture (SA) organization is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to better enable our decision-making using data analytics.
Your role is critical and highly visible across the organization and play a key role in developing analytic insights. The insights are used to lead decision making around resource allocation, program effectiveness, productivity analysis and business impact. You will work closely with the EMEA Solution Architect leadership team and the Worldwide Operations team and drive operational efficiency of field activities. Your customers are individual Solution Architects, management, and AWS senior and executive leadership.
You will also be responsible to own and drive the data warehousing and database modelling needs and requirements for the SA organisation. You will need to coordinate with Worldwide Datalake teams to ensure EMEA specific data is maintained in the Datalake and as need arises develop and maintain a local EMEA data warehouse for the local teams to perform specific big data analysis.
Are you a motivated self-starter with an analytical mind? Do you want to play a critical role in developing analytic insights across our Solution Architecture teams across AWS EMEA?
Come build the future with us.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience as a BI Engineer or Data Engineer
• Understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and a track record of applying these concepts on the job
• Experience building self-service reporting solutions using business intelligence or data visualization software (e.g. Tableau Server, AWS Quicksight)
• Demonstrated experience in using SQL, ETL construction, Data Warehousing solutions and database modelling in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
• Fluent English communication, written and verbal
• Good presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• MBA, Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Familiarity with BI tools, e.g. Tableau and SalesForce data reporting
• Exposure to using the AWS services (e.g., Redshift, Quicksight, S3)
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, R
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.