Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon.com we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon's Consumables Business to Business (B2B) and Retail Operations and Initiatives (RO&I) team is looking for an analytical, driven, and creative leader to drive strategically important operational initiatives through business intelligence and leveraging the power of data science, statistical analysis, machine learning and other analytical methods.
The Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) is an innovative, results driven professional that executes continuous improvement through data-driven actions. The individual must exercise strong judgment and autonomy in the identification and execution of strategic improvement plans built on cross-Retail and Operations partnerships. Though the primary focus area is US Consumables B2B, this role will impact and inform how Amazon executes Consumables businesses on a global scale.
The BIE will be responsible for the following:
• New reporting development to inform business reviews, deep dive analyzer tools, and more emerging strategy efforts.
• Improved auditing tools to understand relevant inputs and identify gaps in technology systems to help build key insights where B2B leverage is not being captured.
• Build visualization tools in QuickSight or Tableau to enhance existing ways of work for category leaders, vendor managers, finance partners, and stakeholder partner teams.
• Challenge existing process and work streams with data-driven insights that offer alternatives that are cost neutral, or favorable, but drive much more scalable execution.
• Partner across B2B and B2C teams as well as central teams to create an intelligence roadmap that addresses core areas for automation, scale, and business financial productivity.
• Scale roadmap and solutions across Retail categories by ensuring cross-company impact is measured and supported by stakeholder businesses.
• Understand the B2B value chain within the broader Amazon.com site experience to inform new insights on customer engagement.
• Develop a knowledge repository for Consumables B2B data intelligence as part of an evolving center of excellence that can be referred to outside of US Consumables.
The individual should possess a track record of successful relationship management, strong business and analytical acumen, and experience working with technology and engineering teams. Great communication skills, ability to think big and influence cross Amazon teams and high ownership to deliver successful results will be essential.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Predictive Analysis, Mathematics or related field.
• 7+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or Technology company.
• Strong experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence application development.
• Data Analysis: Understand business processes, logical data models and relational database implementations.
• Strong experience in reviewing business requirements and problem statements.
• Expert knowledge in SQL. Optimize complex queries.
• Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios.
• Experience using AWS technologies (Redshift, S3).
• Strong functional understanding of statistical analysis, including experience in testing design and measurement.
• Able to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top