Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the India Delivery Experience team (DEX). The India DEX team is focused on understanding the needs (stated or unstated) of Amazon customers including customers speed requirements, delivery options and flexibility and coming up with creative and often vision solutions to delight customers, in a financial responsible manner. This role would lead analytics, data insights, data infrastructure, and automated reporting for key strategic priorities for India DEX.
As a BIE within the group, you will work closely with program managers, software developers, research scientists, and product managers to analyze massive data sets, identify areas to improve, define metrics to measure and monitor programs, and most importantly work with different stakeholders to build shopping and customer experience products or drive improvements in the space. You will also work closely with internal business teams to extract or mine information from our existing systems to create new analysis, and expose data from our group to wider teams in intuitive ways. As a BIE embedded in the business team you have the opportunity to participate and shape product development as well as leverage your technical skills. This position provides opportunities to influence high visibility/high impact areas in the organization.
This position requires superior analytical thinkers, able to quickly approach large ambiguous problems and apply your technical and engineering expertise to rapidly prototype and deliver solutions. This skill also requires you to work across a variety of teams, including transportation, operations, finance, category, delivery experience, and inventory platform (software) teams. Successful candidates must thrive in fast-paced environments which encourage collaborative and creative problem solving, be able to measure and estimate risks, constructively critique peer research, extract and manipulate data across various data marts, and align research focuses on Amazon's strategic needs.
We are NOT a reporting team and we are not looking for reporting analysts. We are looking for people with a flair for recognizing trends and patterns while correlating it to the business problem at hand. If you have an uncanny ability to decipher the exact policy/mechanism/solution to address the challenge and ability to influence people using hard data (and some tact) then we are looking for you!
You will perform complex data analysis (root cause deep dives, correlations, regressions, simulations, optimization) to identify different opportunities to improve discovery of relevant offers, reduce ship COGs, improve delivery speed, and set priorities to improve them.
You will own end-to-end program management. You will not only develop insights but devise realistic plans and work with key stakeholders (software managers, product managers, retail business managers, sellers, transportation planners/managers, and program managers ) to execute them.
• You will be responsible for achieving YY million $ to the top line or XX million $ actual savings on the bottom line. You will not be responsible for only "recommendation" but actual improvements made to bottom or top line.
• You will engage with senior leadership on drafting proposals for new concepts, improvement plans, 3-year strategy and outlook.
• You will be a subject matter expert in best in class shopping, customer, and delivery experience policies at Amazon. You will understand intricate details of our fulfillment and ordering systems along with their impact on ground-level
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment.
• 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Experience with SQL
• 4 to 10 years of experience as a Data or BI Engineer dealing with large complex data scenarios. 3+ if you have a Master's Degree.
• Familiarity with product launches and dial-ups, basic supply chain management concepts - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
• Expert in data extraction experience using SQL. We expect robust basic foundational skills in SQL extraction. You are not expected to write Procedures or Trigger Functions.
• ETL experience and basic/intermediate familiarity with Linux preferred. Intermediate skills with Ruby, Perl, Python, R or, at least, one similar scripting language. If you can understand a code and have the knack to learn then you should be covered.
• Strong understanding of BI technologies and their application including database warehousing and dashboarding. Familiarity with AWS a big plus.
• Experience on at least one data visualization tools (e.g. OBIEE, Tableau, QlikView)
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Master's degree in Engineers, Math, or another quantitative field preferred. Bachelor's degree or experience in computer science or another technical field is highly desired.
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex supply chain software systems.
• Experience working effectively with software engineering teams. BIEs are not expected to write code, but it helps to be able to read it.
• Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision makers) as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds.
• A Strong individual contributor who can work with minimal direction and oversight.