Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We are building Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. And this is just the beginning. Our long-term vision is to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa's answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
• Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
• Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
• Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
• Bachelor's degree
• 4+ years of Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics and Data Engineering development experience
• Experience in designing and implementing reporting solutions and self-service analytics using tools such as Tableau
• Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Power BI (experience with Tableau highly preferred)
• Advanced knowledge and expertise of SQL and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
• Experience in relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions in a business environment with large-scale complex datasets
• Experience with AWS data warehouse and reporting technologies like Redshift, Athena, S3, etc.
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insight for a consumer business
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top