Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Are you interested in diving deep into data to understand the key business metrics software teams need to move to influence product road maps? Do you have a track record of using data to influence decision makers? Do you have a effective problem solving skills and want to solve problems that will meet the growing worldwide need? Then Sort Tech is the team for you. We are part of building the world's fastest, most reliable, and lowest cost transportation network that provides customers the most control, and we are looking for a top-notch Business Intelligence Engineer.
As an Amazon Business Intelligence Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and inquiry of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You need experience designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost data pipelines from production systems into the data warehouse and end-user facing visualizations. You will work with stakeholders to understand the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all, you should be passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change. Being curious, detail oriented, and comfortable finding information and performing tasks that haven't been done before will be the norm.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Develop a deep understanding of Amazon's Middle Mile operations and supply chain.
• Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
• Research strategic business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations in narrative documents to be presented to senior leadership.
• Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-influenced activities; build scalable solutions capable of being self-serviced by stakeholders.
• Improve back-end data sources for improved accuracy and simplicity.
• Collaborate with other business intelligence teams to design data architecture and implement data pipelines to automate manual solutions.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, evaluation, validation, and documentation.
• Understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
• Own operational efficiencies and overall architecture.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or MS Excel.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
• Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-dedicated deadlines.
• Master's degree in computer science, math, engineering, statistics, or a related discipline.
• 5-7+ years of professional experience in a business intelligence role using enterprise databases with large-scale, complex data sets performing data mining and evaluation.
• Advanced knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures - ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed queries.
• Strong statistics and analytical skills.
• Understanding of AWS' data structures, architecture, and services.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of organization and the ability to manage multiple, important priorities.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time.
• Experience in developing with Tableau or similar data visualization platform.
• Experience working with AWS solutions - Redshift, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Aurora.
• Proficiency in statistical tools: R, Minitab, or similar.
• Proficiency in Scripting languages like Python, Perl, Java or similar.
• Experience presenting to all levels within the enterprise.
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads/projects in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top