Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Amazon Education
Are you interested in how Amazon can help solve worldwide education challenges? Come be part of the team whose main mission is to disrupt higher education to benefit students. Amazon is a data driven company, and good analytics are at the core of everything we do.
Specifically, we are looking for an outstanding Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst to join the team tackling the hard problems of education access and affordability. In this role, you will work closely with business owners to uncover insights, support business analytics, reporting, and decision making. You'll be interfacing daily with senior leaders and helping them gain needed insight into our customers to better understand their needs, as well as how we might be better able to meet those needs through product and program innovation. You'll also be partnering with economists, data scientists and business intelligence teams across the company.
The ideal candidate for this role can work successfully in a fast paced launch environment, has experience partnering with business teams and always puts the customer at the center of their solutions. You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and use that modeling to produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders and senior leadership teams. If you're an entrepreneurial, results-oriented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst or would like to become one, please reach out for more information!
You will be the right Senior Business Intelligence Analyst on the Amazon Education team if you excel at:
- Designing, implementing, and supporting a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Analyzing key metrics to uncover trends and root causes that inform business recommendations
- Building metrics and KPIs to measure key inputs and outputs that drive our new business
- Developing deep dive tools which includes modeling data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Being a key participant in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Enjoy solving problems and is good at crafting solutions, both strategically and tactically. Always applying understanding of emerging trends to recommend business strategy.
- Be methodical, analytical, and goal-focused with a driving need for accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline
- 5+ years professional experience in web analytics, business analysis, or comparable analytics position.
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems by managing or guiding technical teams.
- Experience and expertise with MS Excel, Access and SQL/SAS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, Linux, Oracle and OLAP and data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.).
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Past experience in an early stage, high growth company or internal innovation effort in a larger organization
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top