Senior Business Inteligence Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Want to join a startup team building new Alexa experiences for customers with unique needs? Come join the Alexa For Everyone team to build data systems that enable data driven product and business decision.
The Alexa For Everyone team is building features and experiences to ensure that all customers can equally interact with Alexa while looking at ways to improve the lives of customer with special needs thanks to Alexa. Illustrations of such features are Show and Tell to help Blind and low-vision customers identify grocery items or the recently announced Care Hub with Alexa to enable family members care for their elderly loved one, even from a distance.
We are seeking a senior BIE with broad technical skills and world-class data management skills to develop the systems we use to monitor the quality of our features, services and business and to identify new customer needs. As an Amazon BIE you will work on analytics, visualization solutions, and other Business Intelligence applications used by researchers, engineers, and management across multiple teams.
You should be reliable at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost solutions that persist data from production systems into the data warehouse and end-user facing applications. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You will need excellent business and communication skills to work with business and product owners in a fast paced environment. Above all, you should be passionate about working with large datasets and analytics tools to provide insight into how the business is running and enable business decisions to be data driven.
• Designing, implementing, and supporting an analytical platform that provides ad hoc access to large data sets and computing power
• Managing AWS resources including EC2, S3, and Redshift
• Working with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
• Evaluating and implementing various big-data technologies and solutions to optimize processing of extremely large data sets in an accurate and timely fashion
• Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting, analysis, data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, or related field
• Demonstrable ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Proven skills and experience using SQL with large data sets (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and Redshift)
• Effective communication and strong collaboration skills with research, engineering, and product management teams
• Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• 7+ years prior experience in a BIE role with a technology company or financial institution.
• Knowledge of Advanced SQL and scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl or Ruby)
• Oracle, Redshift, Linux, OBIEE experience
• Experience with multiple database platforms
• Familiarity with computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and terms and data mining algorithms
Back to top